scroll for the Story
~ MORE ~
→ Story You’re Creating or Missing . . .
Your Story here :
Grilled Greek Salad-Inspired Sandwich
@sadieradinsky8136’s favorite sandwich ever takes all the best ingredients from a classic Greek salad, and sandwiches them between two pieces of sourdough slathered in a herby feta spread. You’re going to want to try this!
Greek Salad Sandwich
-Handful of fresh mint leaves
-Handful of fresh dill fronds
-½ cup crumbled feta cheese
-¼ cup mayonnaise
-Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
-¼ English cucumber
-⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
-2 slices sourdough bread
-2 slices mozzarella cheese
-3 slices chicken or turkey deli meat (omit for vegetarian)
-2 Tbsp ghee or butter
1. Finely chop then mint and dill, then add to a medium bowl with the feta, mayonnaise, and lemon. Mix to combine.
2. Slice the tomato, cucumber and olives.
3. Spread the feta mixture over each slice of bread, then layer the mozzarella, olives, tomato, deli meat and cucumber on top of one slice. Place the other slice of bread on top, feta-side down.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon of ghee in a ceramic nonstick or cast iron pan over medium heat. Once the ghee is sizzling, add the sandwich to the pan and place a lid on top. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes, then add the remaining tablespoon of ghee and carefully flip the sandwich. Cook until golden brown on the other side, another 2 minutes.
5. Slice in half and serve immediately.